Nils Levsen focuses on the international diffusion of product and service innovations for elderly users. In particular, the existence and location of lead markets is being investigated. Lead markets are characterized by their early adoption of innovations and their influence on design choice in a subsequent international diffusion process. Finally, two boundary conditions to the applicability of lead market theory are being identified and described.
- Early Adoption Patterns and Lead Markets of Selected Age-Based Innovations
- Analysis of Lead Market Candidate Countries Based on Extant Theory
- Market Participant Study
- Age-Specialized Innovations: Stakeholder Structure and Implications
- Researchers and students of innovation management, technology management, sociology, and gerontology
- Executives of product development
Nils Levsen has been working at the Institute of Technology and Innovation Management at the Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg and examines the international diffusion of innovations.