Art der Veranstaltung: Vorlesung
Zeit: See below: Block appointments Ort: See below
Dozent: Dr. rer. pol. Dipl.-Ing. Daniel Ehls
Ansprechpartner: Dr. rer. pol. Dipl.-Ing. Daniel Ehls
- Lecture times: Block Appointments
04 Nov 2020 15:00-16:30 [online]
18 Nov 2020 15:00-17:00 [online/ hybrid]
2 Dec 2020 15:00-18:30h [online/ hybrid]
09 Dec 2020 15:00-18:30h [online/ hybrid]
16 Dec 2020 15:00-18:30h [online/ hybrid]
The PBL lecture is 2 ECTS.
For further information see stud.IP
- Lecture content: Management
Scientific knowledge grows continuously but also experiences certain alignments over time. For example, early cultures had the believe of a flat earth while latest research has a spherical earth model. Also in social science and business management, from time to time certain concepts that have even been the predominant paradigm are challenged by new observations and models. Consequently, certain controversies emerge and build the base for advancing theory and managerial practice. With this lecture, we put ourselves in the middle of heated debates for informed academics and practitioners of the day after tomorrow.
The lecture targets several controversies in the domain of technology strategy and innovation management. By the classical academic method and the novel didactical format of a structured discussion, a given controversy is scrutinized. On selected topics, students will discuss a dispute and gain a thorough understanding. Specifically, based on a brief introduction of a motion, an affirmative constructive as well as a negative constructive is presented by two different student groups. Each presentation is followed by a response of the other group and questions from the class. Topics range from latest theories and concepts for value capture, to the importance of operating within a global marketplace, to cutting edge approaches for innovation stimulation and technology management. Consequently, this lecture deepens the knowledge in technology strategy and innovation management (TIM), enables a critical thinking and thought leadership.
- Registration: Required - open very soon!
• Enrollment for the interactive PBL lecture starts October 15 2020; 9am; First Come, First Serve via Stud.IP!
• As special agreement for this course, you cannot deregister after Monday 9th of November 2020 9am (Hamburg time). Withdraw your participation after this date will lead to a failed course grade. In addition, please reflect your behavior in regards to your student peers, as you take away a valuable seat for interested students.
• The lecture is limited to 42 students in total due to interactive elements and module’s nature as problem based learning.
• If you do not have a seat, but plan to participate, please come to the first class as seats might become available due to student drop out.
• Note: This is an online / hybrid course. You'll need to participate in joint (digital) classroom times and time at your disposal for pure forum-blogposting (online) activities.
- Questions: Welcome
In case of any questions or comments, you may contact Dr. Daniel Ehls
However, before writing the mail please check at Stud.IP first, whether the information has not already been provided.